- Birth control pills don’t prevent STDs or HIV.
- Most STDs have no symptoms.
- Oral sex puts you at risk for some STDs.
- Mississippi and Florida are tied for the highest rates of HIV infection in 13-19 year olds.
- You don’t have to have sex until you want to. No means no.
- Putting someone down, text-ing them 100x a day, and keeping them from their friends are all forms of abuse.
- Healthy relationships have some drama, but mostly they make you feel good.
- There are a million ways to be loving without having sex.
YOUR BODY AND SEX:
- 42% of high school students in Mississippi are NOT having sex.
- Having sex in any position without contraception means you can get pregnant.
- Having sex in a swimming pool, hot tub, or other chlorinated water is NOT a birth control method.
- You can still get pregnant if you don’t use birth control and you shower after sex.
- 35% of Mississippi high school students do not use condoms during sexual intercourse putting them at risk for STDs, HIV and pregnancy.
- Pulling out (withdrawal) to prevent pregnancy has been shown to fail 1 out of 4 times.